SAM COOKE: BRING IT ON HOME TO ME
One-hour documentary details the life and music of Sam Cooke through his own recordings and commentary his friends, family and friends.
This program features music from throughout his career that displays the great bredth of his talent before his tragic death in 1964 at the age of 33 - from his gospel roots to his upbeat classic hits, and from his high energy live concerts to his recordings of late-night mood pieces. Interview subjects include R&B legend Bobby Womack, Sam's brother L.C. Cooke, and drummer Hal Blaine.
Please consider adding this to your Black History Month special programming schedule.
- Host: Joann Allan
- Producer: Paul Chuffo, Joyride Media
- Length: 59 mins with top/bottom of hour breaks
- Broadcast window: Jan - Mar, 2005
- Terms: Free for all USA radio stations
- Contact: Andy Cahn, 201-386-1736, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distribution: PRX, CD mailing
- Preview Online: with the Cahn Media Player
- Preview or download this program from prx.org
- Free membership lets you preview
- Full membership lets you download
- CDs were mailed out in late December
- Click here to request CD if you did receive one