A new collection of Buena-Vista-Socialized reworkings of recent tunes by Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, U2, Jack Johnson and many others – including some that feature the Cuban band playing along with the original vocal tracks. The CD also features the last recordings by Buena Vista Social Club vocalist Ibrahim Ferrer.
Sales of the disc benefit Artists Project Earth, a charity to raise awareness about Climate Change.
APE co-founder and Rhythms del Mundo executive producer, Kenny Young, will be available for radio interviews by phone or in person from New York City between Jan 3-8, 2007. Please contact me to schedule your time. Young is also a well known pop songwriter ("Under the Boardwalk," "Arizona," "Ai No Corrida" and other hits).Click below for audio clips and recent radio and press features about this project:
- Official Website
- World Cafe - Jan, 24 2007
- NPR Song of the Day
- NPR All Songs Considered
- Global Hit (from PRI's The World)
- Soundcheck (WNYC - New York)
- SF Chronicle Review
- 01 Coldplay - "Clocks"
- 02 Jack Johnson - "Better Together"
- 03 Arctic Monkeys - "Dancing Shoes"
- 04 Dido & Faithless - "One Step Too Far"
- 05 Ibrahim Ferrer - "As Time Goes By"
- 06 U2 and Coco Freeman - "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
- 07 Maroon 5 - "She Will Be Loved"
- 08 Kaiser Chiefs - "Modern Way"
- 09 Omara Portuondo - "Killing Me Softly"
- 10 Vanya Borges feat. Quincy Jones - "Ai No Corrida" *
- 11 Sting - "Fragilidad"
- 12 Vanya Borges - "Don't Know Why" *
- 13 Aquila Rose & Idana Valdez - "Hotel Buena Vista"
- 14 Coco Freeman & Franz Ferdinand - "The Dark of the Matinee"
- 15 El Lele de Los Van Van and Radiohead - "High and Dry"
- 16 Ibrahim Ferrer and Omara Portuondo - "Casablanca" [bonus track]