THE DIXIE CHICKS: TAKING THE LONG WAY
updated: December 14, 2006 **
One-hour music intensive documentary details the making of Taking the Long Way – the Dixie Chicks’ first studio CD since a political statement made on-stage in 2003 changed them from country music’s most popular band to its most controversial.
Dixie Chicks Natalie Maines, Martie Maguire and Emily Robison discuss how those events affected the creative process behind this new album – from the deep emotions explored in their new songs to the more rock-oriented musical direction inspired by their collaborations with producer Rick Rubin, Mike Campbell, Dan Wilson, Pete Yorn, Neil Finn and many others involved with Taking the Long Way.
- Taking the Long Way is now nominated for 6 Grammy Awards! - including Album of the Year, Best Country Album for the full CD, and best song, record and country group/duo performance for the single "Not Ready to Make Nice." Rick Rubin is also up for Producer of the Year.
Interview subjects include Dixie Chicks members Natalie Maines, Martie Maguire and Emily Robison, Producer Rick Rubin, co-writer Dan Wilson, and journalists Anthony DeCurtis and Alan Light.
- Host: Rita Houston (WFUV – New York)
- Producer: Paul Chuffo (Joyride Media)
- Contact: Andy Cahn, Cahn Media, 201-386-1736, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Broadcast Window: Begins May 19, 2006
- Length: One-hour, with breaks for local spots (no built-in barter spots)
- Terms: Available for all USA radio broadcasters at no cost
- The Long Way Around
- Not Ready To Make Nice
- Lubbock Or Leave It
- Easy Silence
- Silent House
- I Like It
- It's So Hard
- I Hope