GREAT NEW NONCOM RADIO SPECIALS AVAILABLE DEC 2005
Click on the links below for more details on these shows.
Click here to Request these programs on CD.
- Legendary folk duo Kate & Anna McGarrigle present this hour of holiday music with special guests Emmylou Harris, Rufus Wainwright and Martha Wainwright. PRI AFFILIATES ONLY.
- This one hour radio documentary tells the inside story of Bruce Springsteen's classic album, Born To Run on it's 30th anniversary. The program includes interviews with Springsteen and past & present members of his E Street Band, as well as never-before-heard outtakes & alternate versions of songs from the Born To Run recording sessions. Available Now!
- One-hour music-intensive celebration of Traffic's last tour. These stellar live performances of Traffic classics are highlighted by "Dear Mr. Fantasy" with special guest Jerry Garcia. Bonus materials from Steve Winwood include a live performance from his 2004 solo tour and exclusive interview clips. You will also hear comments by the late Jim Capaldi. Available Now!
- The inside story of Patti Smith's classic album, Horses, on it's 30th anniversary. Interviews with Smith, her collaborator Lenny Kaye, and others detail the impact this album had on both rock & roll and their own lives. The songs from Horses are also presented live from a June 2005 London concert with Patti Smith back by her band and special guests Tom Verlaine and Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Broadcast window tentatively begins 11/20.
- One-hour documentary details the life and music of Sam Cooke through his own recordings and commentary his friends, family and friends. Broadcast window tentatively begins 11/20.
- One-hour documentary about this highly influential artist focuses mostly on the making of his 1971 debut album, Just as I am, featuring his classics "Ain't No Sunshine" and "Harlem." Broadcast window tentatively begins 12/3.
- John Diliberto (Echoes) hosts this documentary on the 30-year history of Windham Hill Records. One of the music industry's most distinctive independent labels, Windham Hill's artist roster reads like a who's who of contemporary instrumental music. This program features music and commentary from label founder Will Ackerman as well as George Winston, Michael Hedges, Jim Brickman, Liz Story and many others. Broadcast window tentatively begins 11/20.